Oh, oh, but y'know, you always see these really beautiful women with these really nothing guys, you could be one of those guys.
1. The practical theory of relativity - Those guys are really "nothing guys". They just look like "nothing guys" because they are with these awe"some" women!
and usually, if you like the girl, you are better off believing that she made a wrong choice!
2. An analogy I use - "Just because their is a goalkeeper on the goalpost, that does not mean you stop shooting at the goal" and "Just because you are a goalkeeper, that does not mean you cannot score goals"
3. Another MBA quip - Everyone who graduates out of the IIMs in this country, wants to replace the CEO of his company. Their hopes are high, but hopes from them... low! (Unhe badi umeed hoti hai, lekin unse.. badi kam!)
4. Norman Vincent Peale - with due apologies to all his lovers.. all those who have seen small town book shops at the bus-stations lined up with titles like "Dont say yes when you want to say no", "You can be a winner" and blah and bah.. This Phoebe-ism is definitely inspired by that. I mean, come on! There are these losers going out with these babes! But they are not complete losers like Chandler ;) They have cars, money, or girlfriends who think with something that's kinda below the knees.
5. A phrase I love - Night is always darkest before the dawn.
Nothing is something, and the not the lack of everything!