Tuesday, January 02, 2007

For Whom The (CAT) Bell Tolls

Every year, a couple of lakhs of students participate in the annual festival known as CAT (Common Admission Test). How the deities look upon your performance decides which temple you get to go to, that is, for 2 years of penance!
Why? Because you think its taking you closer to the heavens- IIMs.

Today, the list of god's own children came out! Some expected successes, some disappointments, some who are great but not godly enough.

The funny thing is - nobody realizes that to be a God, you can either be a God or you can create your own religion!

All the best folks!
Perchance he for whom this bell tolls,
may be so ill,
as that he knows not it tolls for him;
and perchance I may think myself so much better than I am,
as that they who are about me and see my state
may have caused it to toll for me, and I know not that.
...
God employs several translators;
some pieces are translated by age,
some by sickness,
some by war,
some by justice;
but God's hand is in every translation,
and his hand shall bind up all our scattered leaves
again for that library
where every book shall lie open to one another
...
Any man's death diminishes me,
because I am involved in mankind;
and therefore never send to know
for whom the bell tolls;
it tolls for thee.

No comments: